Wednesday, February 3, 2010

An Expendable God

God is so big. I think about him in his bigness all the time. He is bigger than the universe, which in itself has bewildered me. I am bewildered by the thought of God.

God is graceful. His grace is so big. So vast. He says he has covered all of my sins. Which were both big and vast. My sins are endless. Just as the Lord’s grace is endless.

Sometimes, I don’t try very hard because I know that God’s grace is so big it will cover everything I could, would, and will ever do. I would never actually say that out loud, of course, but I might write it down.

I fall short daily. And I’m a good Christian. (I would never actually say that either.) I can’t imagine how often the bad Christians fall short, let alone the non-christians. BAsed on my limited amount of research, I would estimate that the amount of people that screw up every day is astronomical. But not as large as the grace of God. Its bigger than the universe. I measured it.

Sometimes, I subconsciously think that my sin might go unnoticed. I know God is watching, but on the other hand, Its not like I’m the only one. I’m one of four billion. Its not like I’m the worst either. I figure as long as I just blend in with the rest of the sinners and don’t do anything evil to really separate myself from the pack--the grace will keep on flowing.

Paul talked a lot about how encompassing the grace of God was for the world. He knew that people like me would take advantage of it. Its easy to do when you can’t really see or feel the consequences.

Its like spending your parents money. You get what you want when you want it, but you have no concept of what the crap you’re buying actually costs. You may see the price tag, hand over the money, but you didn’t feel the cost. You didn’t feel the cost, because you didn’t work for the money. Your parents did. To you, the stuff is

free.

I haven’t finished this yet.

No comments: