Thursday, February 18, 2010

Forgotten or rejected?

Dear Lord,

You are real. I'm sure you are well-aware of that by now. I wish I was well aware of that. I wish I was more aware of that. I'm sure my actions would pain you far less.

Lord, what cuts deeper...

non-believers that reject you
or...
believers that forget you?

I bet both sting like nails. Do you remember the cross? Do you think about it still? Do you cringe when you see nails? Was that the worst pain you ever experienced? The sword they slashed into your side, The crown of thorns, the whipping, the bloodshed.

Which hurts worse:
The nails being driven into your hands
or...
The fact that I forgot you existed today?

I fear your answer.

Lord, I'm sorry.

I believe in you. I accept you; Your call, your will, your love. You are not forgotten tonight. I remember your love. Your pain. Your sacrifice. It lead me to here.

To this place.
To this conversation.
With you. In you.
And to this:

I love you too.

No comments: