Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Rain Rain.

Its raining today. Rain is beautiful. It resides in the category amongst my favorite things in the world. I am soaked right now, as are the majority of my books. I don't mind. Lightning just struck. The thunder is still rolling.

I'm learning about storms and weather in my meteorology class. I wish my professor could portray the beauty of rain and weather amidst his mathematical logarythms and scientific babble. Its really a shame that the weather, rain especially, be reduced to a science. As if its outcomes could be controlled. As if this raging, uncontrolled beast is solely some sort of chance spun onto this earth by a universe of gravitational forces and rotating spheres.

As if its not beautifully designed to bring life. Mysterious. Wondrous life.

What a beautiful science this could be.

No comments: